JSIS Walk & Bike to School Days
Please join us for JSIS Walk & Bike to School Days throughout the year. Any day is good for walking and biking, but the following dates will be celebrated with treats for all walkers, bikers, and bus riders. If you come by car, ask your driver to park a couple blocks away so you can walk. Help us reduce traffic close to school, and you will benefit from the healthy walk or bike ride!
Dates: 2/20, 3/20, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/22, 5/29, 6/12 (note: May is Bike to School month, so we'll be celebrating every week)
Bike to School Day is Wednesday, May 6 - start planning your biking route to school!
New Drop-off and Pick-up Plan and Map
Please familiarize yourself with the new JSIS Traffic Plan and help improve our drop-off and pick-up procedures.
Ms. Dedy needs volunteers to help implement the new drop-off and pick-up policies. Traffic volunteers will make sure that students are safely loaded or unloaded in the correct areas. They will also be checking cars to ensure that cars are not left unattended in the loading zones.
Sign up here!
LOST AND FOUND
Last chance to claim items from 2014! If one of the names listed below was written in your child's clothing, the item is hanging on the lost and found hooks. Everyone else, check out our gallery! The photo color might be a little off so don't hesitate to ask us. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to claim something. This is everything left in Lost and Found since the beginning of school (minus the light weight items already donated to Sister Schools). Anything unclaimed will go to Mary's Place at the end of the month.
Names: Colette, Medina, Gatti, Kieran, Soren, Esmond, Solanes, Cayden, Samuel, Elliot, Reagan, Dan, Gavin, Soren, Jonah, TKW (?).
Kindergarten Registration & School Tours
Open Enrollment is just around the corner!
John Stanford International School is an Option School. New families and incoming kindergarten students who would like to enroll at JSIS for the 2015-2016 school year must participate in Open Enrollment between February 23th and March 6th, 2015. Enrollment information is listed on the left side of this web page under "About Our School".
We will be hosting Information Sessions and School Tours on the following dates and times.
* Wednesday, February 4th - 6:00-7:00pm Information Session Only (no building tour)
* Friday, February 13th - 9:45-11:00am Information Session and Tour
* Thursday, February 26th - 9:45-11:00am Information Session and Tour
Our entrance is located on the 4057 5th Ave. Parking can be a challenge, so please plan accordingly.
No RSVP required! The same information is available at all sessions so there is no need to attend more than one.
Adults only please.
Reflections Art Contest Winners
Congratulations to our Reflections Art Contest Winners! The following students' art work went on to City Regionals:
- Imogene O. - Photography; Intermediate Division (4th grade)
- Allyson S. - Visual Arts; Intermediate Division (3rd grade)
- Amelie R. - Visual Arts; Intermediate Division (3rd grade)
- Carly N. - Visual Arts; Intermediate Division (5th grade)
- Pippin J. - Visual Arts; Primary Division (Kindergarten)
- Eileen C. - Visual Arts; Intermediate Division (4th grade)
- Christian B. - Photography; Intermediate Division (3rd grade)
- Carly N. - Visual Arts; Intermediate Division 1st Place
- Imogene O. - Photography; Honorable Mention
Just click on "John Stanford - 5" and then click on "Next" at the top to see each student's art work!
Thank you to all who participated!
5th grade Science fair mentors needed!
Sign up to mentor HERE
The mentoring itself takes place end of Jan.-Mar., and this year's sciencefair will be on April 2, 2015.
Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Wally!: For the latest news on the student-run Wally! paper click here.
- Spring Trip to Mexico: April 13-17 and open to all JSIS families. Register in room 404 8-9am. Contact Ms. Nani (email@example.com) or Maestra Priscilla (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Lost and Found: Located on the north cafeteria wall near the gym doors. Items cleared monthly. Email email@example.com if you're looking for something specific.
Want to know how to get something in the E-News or on the Website or out via the Room Reps? Look in the left-hand column of this page. See the "PTSA Communications!" button? Click on it, then click on "Submit Request..."