- 88% of our families gave this year! YES...a record breaking 88%!
- Every gift counted. Many families made their best gift and many donor families gave the suggested $543 per student!
- Students gave from their piggy banks, grandparents & other relatives gave, future JSIS families gave, graduating 5th grade families gave!
- Employer match programs were a huge source of funds, contributing a total of $35,384 in gifts and pledges.
What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund is John Stanford International School’s most important fundraiser, directly supporting our school’s mission to create culturally diverse, life-long learners who will become better global citizens.
The Annual Fund is a direct fundraising appeal to JSIS families for the sole purpose of funding Instructional Assistants (IAs) in your child’s immersion classroom.
The Seattle Public School district does not fund language immersion Instructional Assistant positions. JSIS relies solely upon the generosity of families to fund these critical positions. As our school population has grown, so has the need for more IAs.
This year our goal is to raise $250,000 to fund IAs for our language immersion classrooms in the 2012-2013 school year. Simply put, without the Annual Fund, there are no IAs.
- Read Principal Alvarez’s letter
- See FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Donate Online by Credit Card
- Donate by Check
Every student benefits from Instructional Assistants
The presence of IAs in every immersion classroom strengthens the academic support for your student by:
► lowering the student-to-teacher to 14:1
► creating “teaching teams” that provide crucial language support to your child
► enabling one-on-one tutoring in math and world language
How much should your family give?
Only you can decide what is appropriate for your family’s gift. Every situation is unique. As a point of reference, the annual fund goal of $250,000 averages out to $543 per student. Every gift counts, regardless of the amount, so please take a moment now to show your family’s support.
Donations are accepted through The Alliance for Education. The Alliance for Education is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that supports Seattle Public Schools and provides fiscal administration for JSIS and our Annual Fund. 100% of the funds raised through the Annual Fund go directly to JSIS. All donations are fully tax-deductible.
Make your gift go farther!
Ask your employer if they match charitable donations. Last year, JSIS received over $26,000 in matching gifts. If you work at a firm such as Microsoft, Boeing, Starbucks or AT&T, please make the extra effort to increase your gift. It’s free money for JSIS!
STEPS TO DONATE:
Step 1: Fill out your confidential Annual Fund Donation Card and mail or drop off at the school. Help us track donations and the progress towards our goal by returning a donation card, even if you donate online.
Step 2: Make your gift:
- By Check: Mail your check payable to “Alliance for Education” along with your Annual Fund Donation Card to the school.
- By Credit Card: Credit card payments can be made online using the secure “Donate Now” link below. The Alliance for Education is our fiscal agent and processes all credit card donations. Even if you donate online, please take a moment to return your Annual Fund Donation Card so we can track our progress toward our $250,000 goal.
Step 3: Apply for your employer match.
Have a question or need help with your company match? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you make your gift go farther.
Thank you for your generous financial support!
With an investment in the Annual Fund, your family is continuing the legacy of academic excellence that JSIS is known for locally, nationally and internationally!
Have a question about the Annual Fund? Email us at email@example.com.