About the Source
The Source is a resource for families, teachers, administrators, and students to communicate and collaborate for academic achievement. Parents and guardians must register to create an account. Students will receive an account at school and will log onto the Source with their student account.
If your student did not receive their student account, please have them see their school librarian.
Where to log onto the Source:
Parents, guardians and students log on here:
How to register:
You must be the parent or guardian of a student currently attending a Seattle Public School. You will need the Access ID and Access Password from each child's school to register. Please contact the school office if you have not received your Access ID and Access Password. Please use your email address as your Source username. Please do not use an apostrophe ' in your password.
- Go to http://ps.seattleschools.org
- Click the Create Account button and enter the required information.
- Click here for detailed registration instructions.
Where to get an Access ID and Access Password:
If you did not receive a letter from each child's school with their Access ID and Access Password, please contact each school to request the letter. Please click here for our school directory.
Can more than one parent or guardian use the same Access ID and Access Password?
Yes. The Access ID and Access Password are linked to the student, so each parent or guardian of that student may use the same Access ID and Access Password to register.
If you have your Access ID and Access Password from the school but are unable to register, please email: email@example.com. In the email, please include:
- Your full name and relationship to each student
- Each student's full name
- Each student's 7 digit Seattle Schools student ID#
- The school each student attends
Is a student missing from your account?
- Please request the school provide your student's Access ID and Access Password
- Log onto your account at: http://ps.seattleschools.org
- Click Account Preferences from the left menu
- Click the Students tab then click the Add+ button on the right
- Enter the student's name, your relationship to the student and the Access ID and Access Password
- Click Submit
Have you forgotten your Source username or password?
- Go to: http://ps.seattleschools.org
- Click the Forgot username or password? link
- Follow the steps
NOTE: The day after you change your Source password, please update your SchoolFusion website password as well. Please see Setting up and/or changing your SchoolFusion website password below.
Please do not use an apostrophe ' in your password.
Password or username reminder did not generate a response?
If you had a Source account in the past, but did not transfer it to the new system, or if you used an invalid email address to register, this feature will not work for you. Please contact your student's school office to request your Access ID and Access Password to recreate your account.
Having trouble seeing assessment scores or library information?
If you are having trouble seeing assessment scores or library information, you may have a firewall blocking access or a browser that is not supported by the vendor. Please click here to learn more.
Is the Source and the SchoolFusion school website the same thing?
The Source and SchoolFusion school websites are two different software programs joined by a link. SchoolFusion is another tool teachers use to communicate with families and students. The link between the two systems exports your Source username (email address) to SchoolFusion overnight. Passwords must be managed in each system individually. The day after you setup your Source account, please log onto the Source and setup your SchoolFusion school website password. Please see Setting up and/or changing your SchoolFusion website password for more information.
Logging onto your school website (SchoolFusion):
- Locate your school website
- Enter your Source email address in the Username field
- Enter your Source password in the Password field
- Click Login
Setting up and/or changing your SchoolFusion website password:
The day after you setup your Source account, you may setup your SchoolFusion website password. SchoolFusion is another tool to help you stay in touch with your student's progress in school.
NOTE: These steps also apply if you change your Source password. The day after you successfully change your Source password, please change your SchoolFusion password as described below.
- Go to the Source at: http://ps.seattleschools.org and log on.
- Click the School Information & Website link from the left menu.
- Click the Enable or Change Your School Website Password link.
- Enter your Source username (email address) in the Email Address field and click Submit.
- Close the window, do not click the back arrow on your browser.
- In about 10 minutes, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open the email and click the link.
- In both password fields, type in your Source password and click Submit.
- Close your email.
- Go to your school website. This is where you will log onto your SchoolFusion classpage. Please log on using your Source username and password.