To Enroll in John Stanford International School for 2017-2018
John Stanford International School is an Option School. This means enrollment is a TWO STEP PROCESS
for families wishing to enroll their children here.
- Enroll your incoming student with Seattle Public Schools. The forms are available on www.seattleschools.org under Admissions. (If your student's home language is either Japanese or Spanish, you should indicate this on the enrollment form).
- School Assignments will be mailed to homes in early 2017. Because we are an option school, ALL students will be assigned to the neighborhood elementary school based on the home address.
- If you want your child to attend John Stanford International School, you must submit a School Choice Form to Enrollment Services February 13 - February 24, 2017 indicating John Stanford International School as your choice. This form will become available February 6 on www.seattleschools.org under Admissions.
- The deadline for on time submission of the School Choice Form is 4 pm February 24, 2017. The form must be received in enrollment by this time, postmarks do not count. If your form is received after this date and time, it will not be processed until AFTER all the on time forms.
- Students entering Second through Fifth grades will be required to pass a language proficiency test AFTER all enrollment forms including the School Choice Form have been received in Enrollment services, and BEFORE being assigned to John Stanford International School. Families will be contacted by John Stanford International to schedule this test.
Assignment Tie breakers for John Stanford International School are as follows:
- 15% of seats at Kindergarten and 1st grade will be assigned to native or heritage Spanish or Japanese speakers (these are families that have indicated home language to be Spanish or Japanese on the original enrollment form).
- Siblings of current students.
- Children whose home address is within the Geo Zone.
- Lottery for students whose home address is outside the Geo Zone.
If your child is assigned as a native or heritage speaker, you will be contacted by John Stanford International School to schedule a proficiency test. (If they do not pass the test they will be assigned to the neighborhood school for the home address, but remain on the John Stanford International waitlist.)
Important Transportation note:
students assigned to John Stanford International School who live outside the transportation area for John Stanford International are NOT eligible for transportation. Students who are assigned to the school through the Open Enrollment process do not get school bus transportation unless they live in the area the district has assigned as eligible for John Stanford International School.